We build tailor made Log homes, Log cabins, Log cottage, doll house, Sheds, however, These are standard and recommended specifications.
The stilts(poles 125×150 are CCA treated and raised 500mm from the ground and plated 600mm deep on standard specification. The base frame is constructed from S5 Grade Timber 38X152 CCAA approved bolted to the stilts with 12mm treated rods. Our highest height can be 3m
The Standard floor is 20mm Tongue and groove SA pine fitted on s5 38x114mm CCA Approved, spaced at 400mm.The floor is fitted with 3inch nails
22mm,32mm Floor can be used as per customer’s request.
External walls are done by Log material fixed on either S5 38x50mm CCA , S5 38x76mm or S5 38×114 CCA Approved. These uprights are spaced at 500mm each and can be fixed on 16,22,32,34,36,38 40 or 42mm pre treated. These panels are treated to protect against all harsh weather condition which include rain, mist and snow. The treatment also protect against all kinds of termites.
The panels are gladded either by knotty pine 16 or 22mm,these panels can be gladded by 6mm or 12mm rhino or nutec boards. Nutec boards are also waterproof and can be fixed in toilet bath room. In bathroom we can also clad with knotty pine and varnish the wall as per client’s request. I betweenoutside panel and inside panel we can fit sisolation as per customer’s request. The rhino boards and nutec can be plastered between to join them or be joined by bishop stripes.
Internal walls or finishing are either done by S5 graded 38x50mm or38x76mm or as per customer’s specification. Inside cladding can also be called as dry walling and we can paint inside as per customer’s request.
6.4mm Rhino boards ceiling joined with bishop stripes is used,the ceiling boars get fitted onto s5 graded 38x38mm pine timber spaced at 400mm.The sisolation is fitted to avoid extensive heat, however, extra cost can be charge to client.
Aluminum standard double sliding door or standard double wooden French 2,1mX1, 8m door or Exterior solid door.We also have an option where a client can buy the doors of his choice and we can fit for him or for her.
Interior door are pine doors designed for inner purpose and fitted on pine frames and they are standard 3,2mm hardboard.
Windows are manufactured from pine (standard) timber cottage panes. Aluminum windows can also be fitted as per customer’s request.
Trusses and Purloins
Trusses are designed by S5 graded 38x152mm and s5 38x114mm and are gang nailed. Harvey tiles,Corrugated iron sheets or IBR are used for roofing, however, customers’ can request any type of sheets
Client must purchase his or her locks and we will fit it for him or her or a client can fit for herself or himself and this is for security reasons
Terms & Conditions
- All quotes are valid for a period of 30 day’s from date of the quotation.
- All quotes are subjected to the availability of goods and / or services. Price is subjected to change due to: Currency fluctuations, variations in Government induced duties and taxes and/or statutory labour charges
- All prices include Installation and delivery costs
- All prices quoted above exclude any tilling, painting, plumbing, electricity, light fittings and cupboards, unless other wise specified.
- All prices quoted above exclude any cost incurred to install the goods on a slope of more than 550 mm or more.
- Where the log cabin is suppose to be on top of bricks, the client will be asked to provide the bricks or extra cost will be included on contract price
- Extra cost will be incurred and will be ceded to the Client where the Log home is raised from 500mm to 3m.
- Delivery will take place 2-4 days from date of deposit
- Payment (only bank guaranteed cheque’s or cash will be accepted) will be required as follows:
60% of the contract price as deposit upon placement of the order;
30% of the contract price upon completion of the roof structure;
10% Balance on Roof level before sheets are laid
- No cancellations or variations to this agreement shall be valid unless confirmed in writing by ERNY LOG HOMES AND CONSTRUCTION SERVICES (PTY) LTD
- Ownership shall pass to the customer on receipt of full payment by ERNY LOG HOMES AND CONSTRUCTION SERVICES (PTY) LTD , after which all keys to the unit will be handed to the customer.
- Risk regarding units to be Installed on site, shall pass to the customer upon initial delivery of materials on site.
- Risk regarding pre-erected units shall pass to the customer upon delivery there off on site.
- The customer is liable for the provision of suitable accommodation (at his own cost) for the employees of ERNY LOG HOMES Construction Company, should they not be able to stay on site where the units are being Installed as per Client request.
- It is the obligation of the customer to submit all building plans to the local authority, and to obtain the necessary approval from them. Plan submitting and engineering fees not included in the quotation.
- All quotes are subject to conditions of sale.
- A generator must be supplied by the client including petrol